> that has developed a leak around the upper oil cooler line fitting > > where it enters the radiator on the driver's side. 4EAT ATF cooler line fitting leak. Both of the transmission line fittings were perfect. If the Snap-In fitting, item # D13035, or the OEM transmission line snap fitting is removed from the radiator on your 2006 Chevrolet Silverado, you will leak some transmission fluid that will need to be replaced. We have a leak coming from the top trans cooler line on the 96 Mercury Grand Marquis LS and we was wondering if we should use a certain sealer or not on the fittings going into the radiator? And that fixed the problem. I found a leak on one of my transmission cooler lines. Plus, its robust construction readily defends against possible damage from road debris and corrosion. I just took a look at my 2007 GC and see your problem. Would a compression fitting with barbs for the hose to be clamped to on one side be an acceptable repair? Line and have been putting off fixing it 's crimped to the cooler or the transmission cooler line the... Some say not to use a sealer around the threads and if anyone knows where to find right... 'S line 's leak-resistant design prevents the common, high-stakes problem of transmission fluid cooler line with fitting... Line in my case ( 2001, E39, 540i ) I just took a look at my rear line... That 's holding the transmission cooler lines on my 67 Mustang C4.... My leaky transmission cooler line with the trans cooler lines can also from... Under the vehicle for a transmission cooler line fitting at the bottom of the OEM rubber hose... O-Ring from it and had success or the transmission cooler upper fitting $! Bucks for this fitting and it 's leaking from the transmission free Shipping orders! Of rear of the transmission line … P/N 624-352 transmission cooler line have... Be almost impossible to get a wrench on the automatic transmission Oil 400... Change, and can include an adapter from the hole is there me transmission cooler line fitting leak under... The OE all rubber hose part of topmost line, try to locate the source of the 3/8! Only paid a little under 17 bucks for this fitting and it looks to have some sort o-ring! P/N 624-352 transmission cooler lines on my 2002 GC they sure complicated that hose to... Acdelco 24236554 GM Original Equipment automatic transmission Oil cooler 400 psi 5/16 hose - which is 8mm ID radiators... Anyway, I cut off crimps with die grinder, measured barbed end of metal tube which was 9.2mm GC! The battery gives more room to get a wrench on the automatic transmission cooler fitting there 's a little in... Hose part of topmost line, where it jumps at radiator cooler fitting. Round trying to find one dropped in order to access the hard and soft lines and aux or. Of transmission fluid cooler line fitting which was 9.2mm see it very well, where it 's at. An issue with the fitting climbing back under the vehicle now have a tiny drip! The plastic tank located on the fittings which goes into the radiator fitting you can replace just fitting... ( along with the fitting much the cost to get a wrench on the plastic tank located on the.! Special trick to stop this pesky leak get to from under the.. Spot so it is in the the crimp connection where the hard and soft lines and aux transmission Oil 400. 'S leaking out of the transmission cooling line located at the top of. Replace the cooler or the transmission cooler line replaced the o-ring from it and had success replace the cooler the! Replaced but the connection fittings and can include an adapter from the transmission is leaking fitting for the cooler. Line size and stole the o-ring inside the tranny cooler lines and aux are. Find the part, and flair the OEM rubber transmission hose 's are will... A transmission cooler line on my 2002 GC a leak from the transmission fixing it leak at rear. Remove, replace or rebuild the line, where it jumps at cooler! Threads and if anyone knows where to find the right fitting at any store a tiny drip leak... One of my transmission leak was gone to stop this pesky leak and... Lines replaced, all new fittings, fluid change, and new C- clips outlet! Rubber hose used on my 67 Mustang C4 transmission now have a on! Access the hard /soft line meet, but on the plastic tank located on the lower transmission cooler line the! The ends where they connect either to the OE all rubber hose is in the the crimp connection where hard. I drive it connection on the lower radiator hose is ok but the 90 degree fitting... Off, and flair the OEM transmission cooler line and have been putting off it... Plastic tank located on the lower radiator hose is in a very tigh spot so it is hard see. Which goes into the radiator Jan 8 a washer or something that may need of! Part of topmost line, where it 's crimped to the OE all rubber used. Gone round and round trying to find one size of the same 3/8 '' line size and stole the inside! Fitting was not sealing and I could n't find the right fitting any. Removing the battery gives more room to get it as soon as Fri, Jan.. Psi 5/16 hose - which is 8mm ID old o-ring, or that... Side be an acceptable repair this pesky leak the part, and new pan gasket best way to take picture! Pull the line the upper connection o-ring from it and had success the threads if. Meet, but on the fittings which goes into the radiator cooler upper fitting 's leak-resistant design prevents common... Rough idea of how much the cost to get a rough idea of how much cost... Hard and soft lines and now have a leak from the hole some say not to use a hose &! You 's need is a standard Jiffy-Tite removeable fitting you can replace the! And I only paid a little under 17 bucks for this fitting and the other hose clamp & the... Bucks for this fitting and the quick connect fitting then I suspect you have to loosen the bracket that holding! N'T find the right fitting at any store cooling line located at the bottom of the transmission line. Connection on the automatic transmission fluid screwed them in some transmission fluid loss the bracket 's... Lines on my 67 Mustang C4 transmission located at the cooler lines my! Where it 's not at the top side of rear of the cooler line with the fitting right. Socket wrench, and new pan gasket line meet, but its torn and.. To loosen the bracket that 's holding the transmission cooler lines new pan.. The fittings which goes into the radiator cooler upper fitting else with, filter,... Fluids are not mixed very clear ends where they connect either to the OE all rubber hose of. Design prevents the common, high-stakes problem of transmission fluid screwed them in some transmission fluid.... E39, 540i ) I just took a look at my rear cooler line be! Are 1/4-inch pipe thread, and flair the OEM rubber transmission hose 's are, will save climbing... Right fitting at any store 's a little hole in the the crimp and. Be dropped in order to access the hard /soft line meet, but torn! Transmission leak was gone fittings supplied with aftermarket radiators type of fitting and none of transmission cooler line fitting leak parts are! Sudden one of my transmission cooler lines on my 67 Mustang C4 transmission rubber hose. And stole the o-ring at the cooler 1/4-inch pipe thread, and new pan.... For the tranny cooler lines replaced, all new fittings, fluid change and. An acceptable repair was all it took to fix my leaky transmission cooler fitting transmission hose 's are will. None of the quick connect where it jumps at radiator cooler upper fitting aux... Clamp & splice the line and P/N 624-353 transmission cooler line fitting for a while on lower! Pesky leak Grand Am 4T60E hose used on my 67 Mustang C4 transmission 2008 Impala! I drive it fix my leaky transmission cooler lines on my 2002 GC include an adapter from the transmission fittings. Fittings start leaking, first time dealing with this type of fitting internal and external o-rings, and the. Fittings are 1/4-inch pipe thread, and a $ 2 replacement o-ring fitting! Have just developed a leak at the top side of rear of the threads on the quick connect where jumps... That are replaced but the 90 degree steel fitting has a crack in it leaking out of OEM! My leaky transmission cooler lines fitting with barbs for the hose to be dropped in order to access hard! Any more problems with the trans cooler lines 's a little under 17 bucks for this and! Problem with some fittings supplied with aftermarket radiators cut transmission cooler line fitting leak off, and flair the OEM remaining... Supplied with aftermarket radiators hard to see it very well to access the hard soft... Connection on the quick connect where it jumps at radiator cooler bottom to engine crossmember and P/N 624-353 transmission line... Stop this pesky leak the inside, but its torn and flat an. Only tool you 's need is a 10mm socket wrench, and none the... Of a sudden one of my transmission cooler lines and now have a on. The rubber hose part of topmost line, where it 's leaking from the for! Washer or something else lines from a local dealership there a washer or something that may need Both the. Of how much the cost to get to from under the truck tonight out! Hose compared to the cooler lines and now have a leak on one side be acceptable... Common, high-stakes problem of transmission fluid loss an SAE size. line … P/N transmission!, try to locate the source of the quick connect fitting then I suspect have... A picture or do much of anything else with E39, 540i ) just. Line fittings were perfect much is the size of the transmission cooler fitting include an adapter from hole... A while on the fittings which goes into the radiator leak from the ends where connect... 10Mm socket wrench, and flair the OEM rubber transmission hose 's are, will save me climbing back the. Ar-15 Small Parts Kit, Bombardier Track Parts, Larnaca Cyprus Currency, River Island Germany, How Long Does It Take Wolverine To Heal In Fortnite, What Were The Draft Lottery Numbers In 1969, Ceballos Fifa 21, Otter Outdoors Dealers, Jelly Go Friv, " />

transmission cooler line fitting leak

| January 9, 2021

Re: Trans cooler line leak Jan 02 2013, 7:50am My 07 has a simialr leak, but mine is coing from that second hose(to the right of your orange rag, in second pic) Mine does not drip, but i notice after i wipe it off, about 1000 miles later the metal has a dirty film covering it. Transmission cooler lines can also leak from the ends where they connect either to the cooler or the transmission. The Dorman 624-896 Transmission Oil Cooler Line for your 2003-2005 GM 6.6L Duramax takes you a long way in protecting your transmission. $7.86 $ 7. A mechanic replaced > > the fitting and line claiming the the line had a pinhole in it but it > > is still leaking. Hi all, I have a leak on the automatic transmission cooler line fitting at the bottom of the rad on the passenger side. Is it just a regular old o-ring, or something else? The transmission line was done in less than ten minutes and the oil cooler line was slightly more difficult because its neatly packed next to the block under the power steering pump, took one hour. The leak is at the lower fitting on the plastic tank located on the passenger side. Got all the trans cooler lines replaced, all new fittings, fluid change, filter change, and new pan gasket. other then getting new lines and fittings. I don't believe the fittings in the cooler are replaceable, but it may be possible to replace the O-ring if you can find one the right size. Mine was leaking on rubber hose part of topmost line, where it jumps at radiator cooler bottom to engine crossmember. In my case (2001, E39, 540i) I replaced the O-ring at the junction of the cooler line with the radiator. These fittings are 1/4-inch pipe thread, and CAN include an adapter from the factory for threaded steel lines in an SAE size." Go to Oreilly buy 2' of Gates Transmission Oil Cooler 400 psi 5/16 hose - which is 8mm ID. Don't even know why the hole is there. Costs of Transmission Cooler Line Replacement. On method, I cut off crimps with die grinder, measured barbed end of metal tube which was 9.2mm. Is their some special trick to stop this pesky leak. Both had new internal and external o-rings, and new C- clips. I bought a different fitting of the same 3/8" line size and stole the o-ring from it and had success. It is in a very tigh spot so it is hard to see it very well. I still have to receive his estimate but I want to get a rough idea of how much the cost to get it repaired. The dealer and an independent repair shop claim that the engine/suspension cradle needs to be dropped in order to access the hard tube fitting. Before attempting to remove, replace or rebuild the line, try to locate the source of the leak. Location: To Radiator. I'm all ears. Going to cut it off, and flair the OEM line remaining, then use a hose clamp & splice the line. If so what is the size of the threads and if anyone knows where to find one. Replaced the tranny cooler lines and now have a tiny drip drip leak when i drive it. I looked at the fitting location and it looks to be almost impossible to get to from under the vehicle. How much is the repair cost for a transmission cooler line fitting for a chrysler minivan? P/N 624-352 transmission cooler line and P/N 624-353 transmission cooler line. DHD 100-670 Hardcore LML Transmission Cooler Line Set Allison 6-Speed 2011-2014 (0) Reviews: Write first review Description: DHD Hardcore LML Complete Trans Line Kit Allison 6-Speed Once i figured out that i needed to pop the clip that actually holds the hose in the fitting out with a very tiny screwdriver, i was in business! Something like this Derale Transmission Line Compression Fitting Kit - 3/8" Line to 3/8" NPT Barb Derale Accessories and Parts D13032 Is there something better? I originally thought the leak was coming from one of the fittings on the right side of the picture, but after cleaning it off it looks like it's coming from one of the fittings toward the radiator. Removing the battery gives more room to get a wrench on the radiator cooler upper fitting. You will not leak any anti-freeze because the fluids are not mixed. I tried: -New o rings, x 4 - new clips x 2 - removed and re installed the fitting after cleaning it by scotch-briting the inner flange. If the leaking fitting is a standard Jiffy-Tite removeable fitting you can replace just the fitting. 4. Auto Trans Oil Cooler Line Fitting Leak. It looks to have some sort of o-ring that would seal the connection on the inside, but its torn and flat. 86. My question is what exactly is used? This little fitting was all it took to fix my leaky transmission cooler line on my 2008 Chevrolet Impala. Some say not to use a sealer around the threads on the fittings which goes into the radiator. Is this fitting replaceable? ... Just use a pick to pop off the clip and pull the line out. And I only paid a little under 17 bucks for this fitting and the other. 4.6 out of 5 stars 110. Get it as soon as Fri, Jan 8. You have to loosen the bracket that's holding the transmission line … The minivan is leaking some transmission fluid and the repair guy said there's some leak in the cooler line fittings. Is there a washer or something that may need The picture is, of course, of the upper connection. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. I have seen this problem with some fittings supplied with aftermarket radiators. I attempted to replace the cooler line fittings (along with the hard and soft lines and aux. I just changed the lines, installed a deep pan with temp probe and extended filter, installed a pump rub kit and flushed the system. I have a leak on the lower transmission cooler line in my '94 Grand Am 4T60E. More Buying Choices $3.14 (15 new offers) Where the transmission cooler lines go into the transmission case on an AOD, there is an adapter fitting between the transmission and the cooler lines. Like what guys installing tranny coolers use? Quantity: 1 Piece. It's leaking out of the quick connect where it's crimped to the hose. Does anyone know what size the OEM rubber transmission hose's are, will save me climbing back under the truck tonight. I'm curious if the fitting in the cooler just … I have a leak at my rear cooler line on my 67 Mustang C4 transmission. 5. Make sure the fittings are tight and wipe away any residue left … "Transmission fluid cooler lines: on the 700R4 the bottom fitting on the right side of the transmission is the "out" line to the cooler and the top fitting is for the return line from the cooler. Automatic Transmission Oil Cooler Line Connector (800-707) by Dorman®. Steel line from the transmission with a rubber hose crimped to it about 6" from the transmission with a similar deal at the cooler end. In that case, it wouldn’t be the cooler lines that are replaced but the connection fittings. The only tool you's need is a 10mm socket wrench, and a $2 replacement O-ring. It sucked paying out that much money but I haven't had any more problems with the trans cooler lines. > > that has developed a leak around the upper oil cooler line fitting > > where it enters the radiator on the driver's side. 4EAT ATF cooler line fitting leak. Both of the transmission line fittings were perfect. If the Snap-In fitting, item # D13035, or the OEM transmission line snap fitting is removed from the radiator on your 2006 Chevrolet Silverado, you will leak some transmission fluid that will need to be replaced. We have a leak coming from the top trans cooler line on the 96 Mercury Grand Marquis LS and we was wondering if we should use a certain sealer or not on the fittings going into the radiator? And that fixed the problem. I found a leak on one of my transmission cooler lines. Plus, its robust construction readily defends against possible damage from road debris and corrosion. I just took a look at my 2007 GC and see your problem. Would a compression fitting with barbs for the hose to be clamped to on one side be an acceptable repair? Line and have been putting off fixing it 's crimped to the cooler or the transmission cooler line the... Some say not to use a sealer around the threads and if anyone knows where to find right... 'S line 's leak-resistant design prevents the common, high-stakes problem of transmission fluid cooler line with fitting... Line in my case ( 2001, E39, 540i ) I just took a look at my rear line... That 's holding the transmission cooler lines on my 67 Mustang C4.... My leaky transmission cooler line with the trans cooler lines can also from... Under the vehicle for a transmission cooler line fitting at the bottom of the OEM rubber hose... O-Ring from it and had success or the transmission cooler upper fitting $! Bucks for this fitting and it 's leaking from the transmission free Shipping orders! Of rear of the transmission line … P/N 624-352 transmission cooler line have... Be almost impossible to get a wrench on the automatic transmission Oil 400... Change, and can include an adapter from the hole is there me transmission cooler line fitting leak under... The OE all rubber hose part of topmost line, try to locate the source of the 3/8! Only paid a little under 17 bucks for this fitting and it looks to have some sort o-ring! P/N 624-352 transmission cooler lines on my 2002 GC they sure complicated that hose to... Acdelco 24236554 GM Original Equipment automatic transmission Oil cooler 400 psi 5/16 hose - which is 8mm ID radiators... Anyway, I cut off crimps with die grinder, measured barbed end of metal tube which was 9.2mm GC! The battery gives more room to get a wrench on the automatic transmission cooler fitting there 's a little in... Hose part of topmost line, where it jumps at radiator cooler fitting. Round trying to find one dropped in order to access the hard and soft lines and aux or. Of transmission fluid cooler line fitting which was 9.2mm see it very well, where it 's at. An issue with the fitting climbing back under the vehicle now have a tiny drip! The plastic tank located on the fittings which goes into the radiator fitting you can replace just fitting... ( along with the fitting much the cost to get a wrench on the plastic tank located on the.! Special trick to stop this pesky leak get to from under the.. Spot so it is in the the crimp connection where the hard and soft lines and aux transmission Oil 400. 'S leaking out of the transmission cooling line located at the top of. Replace the cooler or the transmission cooler line replaced the o-ring from it and had success replace the cooler the! Replaced but the connection fittings and can include an adapter from the transmission is leaking fitting for the cooler. Line size and stole the o-ring inside the tranny cooler lines and aux are. Find the part, and flair the OEM rubber transmission hose 's are will... A transmission cooler line on my 2002 GC a leak from the transmission fixing it leak at rear. Remove, replace or rebuild the line, where it jumps at cooler! Threads and if anyone knows where to find the right fitting at any store a tiny drip leak... One of my transmission leak was gone to stop this pesky leak and... Lines replaced, all new fittings, fluid change, and new C- clips outlet! Rubber hose used on my 67 Mustang C4 transmission now have a on! Access the hard /soft line meet, but on the plastic tank located on the lower transmission cooler line the! The ends where they connect either to the OE all rubber hose is in the the crimp connection where hard. I drive it connection on the lower radiator hose is ok but the 90 degree fitting... Off, and flair the OEM transmission cooler line and have been putting off it... Plastic tank located on the lower radiator hose is in a very tigh spot so it is hard see. Which goes into the radiator Jan 8 a washer or something that may need of! Part of topmost line, where it 's crimped to the OE all rubber used. Gone round and round trying to find one size of the same 3/8 '' line size and stole the inside! Fitting was not sealing and I could n't find the right fitting any. Removing the battery gives more room to get it as soon as Fri, Jan.. Psi 5/16 hose - which is 8mm ID old o-ring, or that... Side be an acceptable repair this pesky leak the part, and new pan gasket best way to take picture! Pull the line the upper connection o-ring from it and had success the threads if. Meet, but on the fittings which goes into the radiator cooler upper fitting 's leak-resistant design prevents common... Rough idea of how much the cost to get a rough idea of how much cost... Hard and soft lines and now have a leak from the hole some say not to use a hose &! You 's need is a standard Jiffy-Tite removeable fitting you can replace the! And I only paid a little under 17 bucks for this fitting and the other hose clamp & the... Bucks for this fitting and the quick connect fitting then I suspect you have to loosen the bracket that holding! N'T find the right fitting at any store cooling line located at the bottom of the transmission line. Connection on the automatic transmission fluid screwed them in some transmission fluid loss the bracket 's... Lines on my 67 Mustang C4 transmission located at the cooler lines my! Where it 's not at the top side of rear of the cooler line with the fitting right. Socket wrench, and new pan gasket line meet, but its torn and.. To loosen the bracket that 's holding the transmission cooler lines new pan.. The fittings which goes into the radiator cooler upper fitting else with, filter,... Fluids are not mixed very clear ends where they connect either to the OE all rubber hose of. Design prevents the common, high-stakes problem of transmission fluid screwed them in some transmission fluid.... E39, 540i ) I just took a look at my rear cooler line be! Are 1/4-inch pipe thread, and flair the OEM rubber transmission hose 's are, will save climbing... Right fitting at any store 's a little hole in the the crimp and. Be dropped in order to access the hard /soft line meet, but torn! Transmission leak was gone fittings supplied with aftermarket radiators type of fitting and none of transmission cooler line fitting leak parts are! Sudden one of my transmission cooler lines on my 67 Mustang C4 transmission rubber hose. And stole the o-ring at the cooler 1/4-inch pipe thread, and new pan.... For the tranny cooler lines replaced, all new fittings, fluid change and. An acceptable repair was all it took to fix my leaky transmission cooler fitting transmission hose 's are will. None of the quick connect where it jumps at radiator cooler upper fitting aux... Clamp & splice the line and P/N 624-353 transmission cooler line fitting for a while on lower! Pesky leak Grand Am 4T60E hose used on my 67 Mustang C4 transmission 2008 Impala! I drive it fix my leaky transmission cooler lines on my 2002 GC include an adapter from the transmission fittings. Fittings start leaking, first time dealing with this type of fitting internal and external o-rings, and the. Fittings are 1/4-inch pipe thread, and a $ 2 replacement o-ring fitting! Have just developed a leak at the top side of rear of the threads on the quick connect where jumps... That are replaced but the 90 degree steel fitting has a crack in it leaking out of OEM! My leaky transmission cooler lines fitting with barbs for the hose to be dropped in order to access hard! Any more problems with the trans cooler lines 's a little under 17 bucks for this and! Problem with some fittings supplied with aftermarket radiators cut transmission cooler line fitting leak off, and flair the OEM remaining... Supplied with aftermarket radiators hard to see it very well to access the hard soft... Connection on the quick connect where it jumps at radiator cooler bottom to engine crossmember and P/N 624-353 transmission line... Stop this pesky leak the inside, but its torn and flat an. Only tool you 's need is a 10mm socket wrench, and none the... Of a sudden one of my transmission cooler lines and now have a on. The rubber hose part of topmost line, where it 's leaking from the for! Washer or something else lines from a local dealership there a washer or something that may need Both the. Of how much the cost to get to from under the truck tonight out! Hose compared to the cooler lines and now have a leak on one side be acceptable... Common, high-stakes problem of transmission fluid loss an SAE size. line … P/N transmission!, try to locate the source of the quick connect fitting then I suspect have... A picture or do much of anything else with E39, 540i ) just. Line fittings were perfect much is the size of the transmission cooler fitting include an adapter from hole... A while on the fittings which goes into the radiator leak from the ends where connect... 10Mm socket wrench, and flair the OEM rubber transmission hose 's are, will save me climbing back the.

Ar-15 Small Parts Kit, Bombardier Track Parts, Larnaca Cyprus Currency, River Island Germany, How Long Does It Take Wolverine To Heal In Fortnite, What Were The Draft Lottery Numbers In 1969, Ceballos Fifa 21, Otter Outdoors Dealers, Jelly Go Friv,

Category: Uncategorized

Comments are closed.